Jump to Main Content
- Eiceman, G.A.; Tarassov, A.; Funk, P.A.; Hughs, S.E.; Nazarov, E.G.; Miller, R.A.
- Journal of separation science 2003 v.26 no.6-7 pp. 585
- safety equipment, etc ; detectors; volatile organic compounds; gas chromatography; mass spectrometry; solid phase extraction; microextraction; smoke; cotton; paper; grasses; cigarettes; gas emissions; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Smoke plumes from cotton, paper, grass, and cigarettes and emissions from a gasoline engine were sampled using solid-phase microextraction (SPME) and samples were analyzed for volatile organic compounds (VOC) using gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS). Chemical compositions were sufficiently distinct to allow source identification. Unfortunately, advanced smoke detectors based on GC-MS wou ...
- Putnam, T.; Butler, B.W.
- Canadian journal of forest research 2004 v.34 no.8 pp. 1600-1615
- safety equipment, etc ; field experimentation; buildings; protective clothing; forest fires; fire hazard; fire fighting; fire fighters; occupational health and safety; human health and safety; mortality; temperature; materials; construction materials; testing; Northwest Territories; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Fire shelters are critical safety items required for use by most wildland firefighters in the United States. Most testing of fire shelters, clothing and other personal protective equipment (PPE) has been limited to prescribed fires or laboratory based studies. This study reports results from experiments where lined and unlined stainless steel or aluminum and glass fabric shelters were tested under ...
- Ford, C.L.; Lynch, T.L.
- Journal of agromedicine 2000 v.6 no.4 pp. 83-95
- safety equipment, etc ; farmers; animal injuries; accidents; tractors; protective clothing; education programs; surveys; occupational health and safety; agricultural health and safety; Mississippi; Show all 11 Subjects