Jump to Main Content
- Yadav, R. K. P.; Karamanoli, K.; Vokou, D.
- Microbial ecology 2005 v.50 no.2 pp. 185-196
- Lavandula stoechas, etc ; Arbutus unedo; Cistus incanus; Clinopodium nepeta subsp. nepeta; Mediterranean climate; Melissa officinalis; Myrtus communis; Pistacia lentiscus; Quercus coccifera; bacteria; bacterial colonization; drought; ecosystems; epiphytes; essential oil crops; essential oils; leaves; mesophyll; nitrogen; perennials; phenolic compounds; phosphorus; phyllosphere; population size; regression analysis; stomata; sugars; summer; thickness; trichomes; water content; woody plants; Greece; Show all 33 Subjects
- ... In this study, we assessed various leaf structural and chemical features as possible predictors of the size of the phyllosphere bacterial population in the Mediterranean environment. We examined eight perennial species, naturally occurring and coexisting in the same area, in Halkidiki (northern Greece). They are Arbutus unedo, Quercus coccifera, Pistacia lentiscus, and Myrtus communis (evergreen s ...
- Nozal Nalda, M. J.; Bernal Yagüe, J. L.; Diego Calva, J. C.; Martín Gómez, M. T.
- Analytical and bioanalytical chemistry 2005 v.382 no.2 pp. 311-319
- Lavandula stoechas, etc ; Calluna vulgaris; Erica; Lavandula latifolia; Quercus; Rosmarinus officinalis; Thymus vulgaris; acidity; aluminum; amylases; ash content; atomic absorption spectrometry; cadmium; calcium; chemometrics; chromium; cobalt; copper; discriminant analysis; honey; honeydew; hydroxymethylfurfural; iron; lead; magnesium; manganese; minerals; multivariate analysis; nickel; principal component analysis; reducing sugars; rosemary; sodium; sucrose; thyme; zinc; Spain; Show all 37 Subjects
- ... A total of 73 different honeys from seven botanical origins [ling (Calluna vulgaris L.), heather (Erica sp.), rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis L.), thyme (Thymus vulgaris L.), honeydew (Quercus sp.), spike lavender (Lavandula latifolia M.) and french lavender (Lavandula stoechas L.)] have been classified by applying discriminant analysis to their metal content data and other common physicochemical ...
- Kanat, M.; Alma, M.H.
- Pest management science 2004 v.60 no.2 pp. 173-177
- Lavandula stoechas, etc ; Pinus; forest trees; forest pests; Thaumetopoea pityocampa; insect pests; insect control; plant extracts; Pinus brutia; Laurus nobilis; Liquidambar; Juniperus communis; Cupressus sempervirens; Lavandula angustifolia; Eucalyptus camaldulensis; Thymus vulgaris; essential oils; application rate; larvicides; larvae; insecticidal properties; sulfates; Turkey (country); Show all 23 Subjects
- ... Along with sulfate turpentine, the essential oils obtained by steam distillation from nine plant species naturally grown in Turkish forests were tested at three different concentrations to evaluate their effectiveness against the larvae of pine processionary moth (Thaumetopoea pityocampa Schiff). The results indicated that the essential oils from the nine species and sulfate turpentine were effect ...