Jump to Main Content
- Lin, Tong-Bao, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Physiologia plantarum 2000 v.109 no.3 pp. 291-297
- Bemisia argentifolii; Gossypium hirsutum; carbon; cotton; diurnal variation; field crops; fructose; glucose; leaves; metabolites; monitoring; pests; phloem; photosynthesis; starch; sucrose; sugar content
- ... Silverleaf whitefly (SLW), Bemisia argentifolii Bellows and Perring, is one of the most noxious pests of numerous field and vegetable crops, causing billions of dollars worth of damage throughout the world. SLW is a phloem feeder whose feeding is likely to interfere with phloem transport. The aim of this study was to test the hypothesis that SLW infestation impairs carbohydrate export from source ...
- Lin, Tong, et al. Show all 19 Authors
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2011 v.108 no.37 pp. 15231-15236
- angiogenesis; chromatin; gene activation; hypoxia; loci; mice; mutants; transcription factors; zinc finger motif
- ... Angiogenesis is meticulously controlled by a fine balance between positive and negative regulatory activities. Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) is a predominant angiogenic factor and its dosage is precisely regulated during normal vascular formation. In cancer, VEGF is commonly overproduced, resulting in abnormal neovascularization. VEGF is induced in response to various stimuli including ...
- PubMed Central: