Jump to Main Content
- Dong, Shuanglin, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Aquaculture research 2019 v.50 no.7 pp. 1770-1781
- Bacillus subtilis; ammonium; ammonium chloride; ammonium nitrogen; bacteria; carbon; glucose; mariculture; mass spectrometry; nitrate nitrogen; nitrates; nitrogen; nitrogen dioxide; nitrous oxide; pH; ponds; shrimp culture; sodium chloride; sodium nitrite
- ... A novel marine origin Bacillus subtilis strain H1 isolated from a shrimp culture pond effectively removed NH₄⁺‐N, NO2-‐N and NO3-‐N, with a maximum ammonium, nitrite and nitrate removal rate of 2.35 mg NH₄⁺‐N L⁻¹ hr⁻¹ per OD, 9.64 mg NO2-‐N L⁻¹ hr⁻¹ per OD and 0.75 mg NO3-‐N L⁻¹ hr⁻¹ respectively. The gas chromatography–isotope ratio mass spectrometry results indicated that N₂O was emitted when ¹⁵ ...
- Dong, Shuanglin, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2019 v.287 pp. 121441
- Clostridiales; Cytophagales; Gemmatimonadales; Nitrospirales; Rhizobiales; Sphingobacteriales; Sphingomonadales; bacteria; bacterial communities; biofilters; biomarkers; developmental stages; phylogeny; recirculating aquaculture systems
- ... Start-up of biofilters plays crucial roles in the successful operation of recirculating aquaculture system, and the nature is bacterial community succession. We explored the pattern of bacterial temporal succession during the start-up process of biofilters in a commercial cold-freshwater recirculating aquaculture system (RAS). The whole succession process was divided into three distinct phases: in ...