Jump to Main Content
- Anaya, A.L.; Calera, M.R.; Mata, R.; Pereda-Miranda, R.
- Journal of chemical ecology 1990 v.16 no.7 pp. 2145-2152
- Amaranthus caudatus, etc ; Ipomoea tricolor; allelopathy; plant extracts; glycosides; bioassays; seeds; seedling growth; weed control; Echinochloa crus-galli; chemical constituents of plants; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... The allelopathic potential of I. tricolor, used in traditional agriculture as a weed controller, has been demonstrated by measuring the inhibitory activity of aqueous lixiviates and organic extracts of the plant material on seedling growth of Amaranthus leucocarpus and Echinochloa crusgalli. Bioactivity-guided fractionation of the most active organic extract led to the isolation of the allelopathi ...
- Hatch, M.D.; Agostino, A.; Jenkins, C.L.D.
- Plant physiology 1995 v.108 no.1 pp. 173-181
- Amaranthus caudatus, etc ; Panicum miliaceum; radiolabeling; chemical reactions; measurement; carbon dioxide; Atriplex; Flaveria trinervia; photosynthesis; leaves; mathematical models; Zea mays; Echinochloa crus-galli; equations; net assimilation rate; Eleusine coracana; velocity; enzyme activity; vascular bundles; ribulose-bisphosphate carboxylase; Urochloa panicoides; Megathyrsus maximus; Sorghum bicolor; Chloris gayana; Flaveria bidentis; Show all 25 Subjects
- ... During C4 photosynthesis, CO2 is released in bundle-sheath cells by decarboxylation of C4 acids and then refixed via ribulose-1,5-bisphosphate carboxylase. In this study we examined the efficiency of this process by determining the proportion of the released CO2 that diffuses back to mesophyll cells instead of being refixed. This leak of CO2 was assessed by determining the amount of 14CO2 released ...