Jump to Main Content
- Bernier, Frédéric, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Engineering geology 2019 v.248 pp. 14-21
- bentonite; clay; compressibility; crushing; grains; pellets; soil; vapors; water holding capacity
- ... The water retention, compressibility and swelling properties of a pellet/powder bentonite mixture were investigated in the laboratory. The water retention capacity was determined under constant-volume condition using a specially designed cell allowing vapor exchange in all directions; suction controlled oedometer tests were carried out for the compressibility investigation; both constant-volume an ...
- Bernier, Frédéric, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Engineering geology 2018 v.243 pp. 18-25
- anisotropy; bentonite; cell walls; friction; mechanical properties; porosity; protocols; radioactive waste; radioprotective effect; relative humidity; waste disposal
- ... Non-compacted pellet/powder bentonite mixtures are considered as candidate sealing plug materials in geological disposals of radioactive waste. Due to its nature, this mixture is characterized by a heterogeneous porosity network, which is responsible for its complex hydro-mechanical (HM) behaviour. The French Institute of Radioprotection and Nuclear Safety (IRSN) has investigated this mixture with ...