Jump to Main Content
- Bouaza, A., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Acta horticulturae 2017 no.1160 pp. 159-164
- Olea europaea; alternate bearing; branches; canopy; cultivars; flowers; mature plants; olives; reproductive behavior; shoots; tree yields; trees; vegetative growth
- ... The olive tree is a well-known alternate-bearing species. Because of competition between vegetative growth and fruit development processes, a high yield year is generally followed by a low yield year. In order to elucidate this phenomenon, the patterns of vegetative growth and the reproductive behavior were studied on three fruit bearing trees (on trees) and three non-bearing trees (off trees) of ...
- Bouaza, A., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Acta horticulturae 2017 no.1160 pp. 99-104
- almonds; buds; cultivars; flowers; fruit quality; fruits; genotype; markets; orchards; shoots; trees
- ... The Tunisian almond cultivar 'Achaak' is the most important in terms of market demand and fruit quality but unfortunately it is commonly considered as a low producing genotype. Some observations have indicated that this may be due to the lack of some major technical growing practices. However no much data is available to give a scientific explanation for this problem. The objective of this study i ...