Jump to Main Content
- Jung, Sang Mok, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of applied phycology 2016 v.28 no.6 pp. 3459-3467
- Pyropia yezoensis; alanine; amino acid composition; aspartic acid; calcium; chromium; coasts; cobalt; copper; glutamic acid; iron; leucine; lipids; magnesium; manganese; mineral content; minerals; nickel; potassium; proximate composition; sodium; temporal variation; zinc; Korean Peninsula
- ... Temporal and spatial variations in the proximate composition, amino acid content, and mineral content of Pyropia yezoensis were evaluated at Jindo, Haenam, and Seochun on the southern and western coasts of Korea. The proximate composition of P. yezoensis showed a specific pattern where carbohydrate, lipid, and ash increased over time, while protein decreased over time from January to April. Amino ...
- Jung, Sang Mok, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Aquaculture 2018 v.491 pp. 333-337
- Ecklonia; Ulva; Undaria pinnatifida; alginates; encapsulation; gametophytes; germ cells; germination; macroalgae; spores; thallus
- ... The present study examined the growth of alginate-encapsulated marine macroalgal spores of a green alga (Ulva intestinalis) and brown algae (Undaria pinnatifida and Ecklonia cava). We compared the initial germination and growth of gametes and thalli using alginate-encapsulated and non-encapsulated spores. Spores of the three algal species germinated easily; there were no significant differences be ...