Jump to Main Content
- Montoya, Quimi V., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Current microbiology 2018 v.75 no.12 pp. 1602-1608
- Formicidae; Leucoagaricus; ant colonies; antagonism; chemical compounds; cultivars; fungi; metabolites; symbiosis
- ... Chemical compounds are key to understand symbiotic interactions. In the leafcutter ant-microbe symbiosis a plethora of filamentous fungi continuously gain access the ant colonies through plant substrate collected by workers. Many filamentous fungi are considered transient in attine ant colonies, however, their real ecological role in this environment still remains unclear. A possible role of these ...
- Montoya, Quimi V., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Brazilian journal of microbiology 2018
- Colletotrichum; Gloeosporium; Glomerella cingulata; Paullinia cupana; Xylaria; active ingredients; agrochemicals; anthracnose; antifungal agents; antifungal properties; captan; chromatography; crops; cultivars; cytochalasin D; difenoconazole; endophytes; financial economics; fungi; human health; mass spectrometry; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; pathogens; peppers
- ... Anthracnose is a crop disease usually caused by fungi in the genus Colletotrichum or Gloeosporium. These are considered one of the main pathogens, causing significant economic losses, such as in peppers and guarana. The current forms of control include the use of resistant cultivars, sanitary pruning and fungicides. However, even with the use of some methods of controlling these cultures, the crop ...