Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Changjiang, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Agricultural water management 2019 v.218 pp. 211-221
- environmental sustainability; fertilizer rates; financial economics; furrows; grain yield; growing season; income; irrigation; mechanization; microrelief; mulching; nitrogen; plant establishment; planting; plastic film mulches; seedlings; social benefit; soil temperature; wages and remuneration; water harvesting; water stress; water use efficiency; winter wheat
- ... Ridge–furrow with plastic film mulching (RFPFM), a rainwater harvesting system, is receiving increasing attention worldwide. However, its usefulness in semi–humid regions with irrigation capabilities remains unclear. In addition, the optimal ridge–to–furrow ratios and nitrogen (N) application rates are unknown. In this study, we investigated five different planting patterns (i.e., rain–fed flat pl ...
- Wang, Changjiang, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Field crops research 2017 v.203 pp. 201-211
- aboveground biomass; corn; cultivars; double cropping; fertilizer application; filling period; grain yield; irrigation; irrigation water; mulching; nitrogen; nitrogen fertilizers; planting; seeds; semiarid zones; sowing; summer; water harvesting; water use efficiency; China
- ... Developing water–saving cultivation techniques is necessary to relieve the pressure of water demand under irrigation regions in dry semi–humid areas of China. Ridge–furrow with plastic film mulching (RFPFM), as a prospective rainwater harvesting system, has been widely adopted in rain–fed arid and semi–arid regions in northern China. However, it is unclear if RFPFM can be applied to wheat–maize do ...