Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: abera?
- Åberg, Johan, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Forest ecology and management 2003 v.175 no.1-3 pp. 437–444
- autumn; boreal forests; forestry; grouse; habitat preferences; habitats; landscapes; species diversity; spring; tree age; trees; Sweden
- ... We evaluated preferences of habitat variables by hazel grouse (Bonasa bonasia) in an intensively managed boreal landscape in south-central Sweden. We surveyed 71 forest patches that varied in tree age, tree species composition, structure and field layer, as described by ordinary forest stand data. They were surveyed during autumn and spring for 2 years. A distinct difference in habitat quality, me ...
- Åberg, Johan, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Wildlife biology 2000 v.6 no.2 pp. 89-99
- Pinus sylvestris; Tetrastes bonasia; animals; forest reserves; forests; habitats; home range; males; population density
- ... Species/habitat relationships and their responses at different scales are important aspects of ecological and conservational research. We studied the occurrence of hazel grouse Bonasa bonasia males in a forest reserve over a 10-year period at varying scales and population densities, using two sets of habitat descriptions. Avoidance of pine Pinus sylvestris was the only habitat effect in the hazel ...