Jump to Main Content
- Collins, Alison L., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Transactions of the American Fisheries Society 2013 v.142 no.2 pp. 515-523
- Oncorhynchus nerka; acoustics; freshwater; juveniles; lakes; mortality; probability; salmon; seawater; smolts; surgery; swimming; tissue repair; British Columbia
- ... Juvenile hatchery-reared Sockeye Salmon Oncorhynchus nerka from Cultus Lake, British Columbia, were implanted during their smolt phase with one of three sizes of dummy acoustic tags to assess how tag burden (tag mass: body mass ratios ranging from 1.3% to 13.6% in air) influenced prolonged swimming performance, survival, and postsurgical wound healing in freshwater for up to 16.5 d and following a ...
- Collins, Alison L., et al. Show all 12 Authors
- North American journal of fisheries management 2013 v.33 no.5 pp. 1024-1038
- Mergus; Monte Carlo method; Oncorhynchus mykiss; birds; diet; energy density; energy metabolism; estuaries; foraging; freshwater; habitats; juveniles; models; mortality; piscivores; planning; predation; predators; rearing; streams; surveys; uncertainty; watersheds; California
- ... Avian predation on juvenile salmonids is an important source of mortality in freshwater and estuarine habitats when birds and salmonids overlap spatially and temporally. We assessed the potential impact of avian predation upon juvenile steelhead Oncorhynchus mykiss in a coastal watershed in central California. We conducted stream surveys between 2008 and 2010 to determine the composition, distribu ...