Jump to Main Content
- Dai, Wencai, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2018 v.25 no.3 pp. 2889-2898
- Folsomia candida; agricultural soils; animals; antioxidants; avoidance behavior; cadmium; catalase; copper; enzyme activity; heavy metals; lead; pH; peroxidase; soil pollution; soil texture; superoxide dismutase; tissues; toxicity; zinc
- ... Induction of the antioxidant enzymes catalase (CAT), peroxidase (POD) and superoxide dismutase (SOD) and the avoidance of potentially toxic metals in soil by Folsomia candida were investigated. Both laboratory-spiked and field-polluted agricultural soils were used. Cadmium (Cd) concentrations in body tissues, animal avoidance behaviour and physico-chemical properties of the field soils were also d ...
- Dai, Wencai, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Environmental pollution 2019 v.254 pp. 113071
- Folsomia candida; adults; cell membranes; dose response; heat; heat stress; insect reproduction; juveniles; life history; membrane fluidity; phenanthrenes; population growth; soil; soil arthropods; synergism
- ... Climatic stressors and chemicals should not be treated as isolated problems since they often occur simultaneously, and their combined effects must be evaluated including their possible interactive effects. In the present study we subjected springtails (Folsomia candida) to combined exposure to phenanthrene and dynamic heat cycles in a full factorial experiment. In a microcosm experiment, we studie ...