Jump to Main Content
- Dorsey, Tovah I., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association 2019 v.254 no.4 pp. 483-486
- bladder; catheters; cats; males; sodium chloride
- ... OBJECTIVE To evaluate the effect of urinary bladder lavage on in-hospital recurrence of urethral obstruction (UO) and durations of urinary catheter retention and hospitalization for male cats. DESIGN Randomized controlled clinical trial. ANIMALS 137 male cats with UO. PROCEDURES Following random allocation, cats either did (flush group; n = 69) or did not (no-flush group; 68) undergo urinary bladd ...
- Dorsey, Tovah I., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- bitches; hematocrit; planning; pyometra; spaying; t-test
- ... We investigated the effect of pyometra on kaolin-activated thromboelastography (TEG). Eighteen client-owned dogs with pyometra and 8 healthy spayed dogs were recruited. TEG parameters and packed cell volume were determined. Results from spayed females and from intact females with pyometra were compared using a Student t-test and Wilcoxon rank sum test. Bitches with pyometra were hypercoagulable co ...