Jump to Main Content
- Ravichandran, Vinothkannan, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Trends in biotechnology 2019 v.37 no.5 pp. 492-504
- bioactive compounds; biosynthesis; digestive system; drugs; intestinal microorganisms; mammals; metabolites; multigene family
- ... The mammalian gut has a remarkable abundance of microbes. These microbes have strong potential to biosynthesize distinct metabolites that are promising drugs, and many more bioactive compounds have yet to be explored as potential drug candidates. These small bioactive molecules often mediate important host–microbe and microbe–microbe interactions. In this review, we provide perspectives on and cha ...
- Ravichandran, Vinothkannan, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Microbial pathogenesis 2019 v.130 pp. 104-111
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa; active sites; antimicrobial properties; biofilm; computer simulation; dose response; genes; mechanism of action; messenger RNA; moieties; multiple drug resistance; pathogenesis; pathogens; pyocyanin; quorum sensing; urea
- ... Emergence of multi-drug resistant bacterial pathogens is escalating and it is essential to develop novel strategies to combat these super bugs. LasR is a regulator switch that plays a vital role in quorum sensing (QS) and pathogenesis of Pseudomonas aeruginosa. The present study reports two novel Mannich base (1-(phenyl (o-tolylamino) methyl) urea and 3-((1H-Imidazole-1-yl) methylnaphthalene-2-ol ...