Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: seung?
- Seong, Yun-Jeong, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- ACS applied materials & interfaces 2019 v.11 no.11 pp. 10492-10504
- adhesion; biodegradability; bone formation; chemical structure; deformation; femur; hydrophilicity; hydrophobicity; in vivo studies; models; osteoblasts; polylactic acid; prostheses; rabbits; risk; surface roughness; tantalum
- ... Poly(lactic acid) (PLA) is the most utilized biodegradable polymer in orthopedic implant applications because of its ability to replace regenerated bone tissue via continuous degradation over time. However, the poor osteoblast affinity for PLA results in a high risk of early implant failure, and this issue remains one of the most difficult challenges with this technology. In this study, we demonst ...
- Seong, Yun-Jeong, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- International journal of biological macromolecules 2019 v.123 pp. 866-877
- Escherichia coli; Staphylococcus aureus; alginates; antibacterial properties; bacterial growth; calcium; cell proliferation; extracellular matrix; fibroblasts; fluorides; fluorine; gelation; hydrogels; ions; models; nanocomposites; tissue repair
- ... The creation of a moist environment and promotion of cell proliferation and migration together with antibacterial property are critical to the wound-healing process. Alginate (Alg) is an excellent candidate for injectable wound dressing materials because it can form a gel in a mild environment. Taking advantage of its gelation property, an injectable nano composite hydrogel containing nano-sized ( ...