Jump to Main Content
- Stevenson, Clare E. M., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Chemical communications 2016 v.52 no.99 pp. 14306-14309
- Aspergillus japonicus; biosynthesis; chemical reactions; ergot alkaloids; fungi; oxidoreductases
- ... Aj_EasH is a non-heme iron- and α-keto-glutarate-dependent oxidase that is responsible for an unusual cyclopropyl ring formation in the biosynthesis of the fungal ergot alkaloid cycloclavine. The three dimensional structure of Aj_EasH (2.2 Å resolution) reported here provides insight into the mechanism of this unusual and complex reaction. ...
- Stevenson, Clare
E. M., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Biochemistry 2014 v.53 no.15 pp. 2494-2504
- Mycobacterium tuberculosis; Streptomyces coelicolor; X-radiation; biochemical pathways; crystallography; glycosides; mass spectrometry; proteins; site-directed mutagenesis; structure-activity relationships
- ... GlgE (EC 126.96.36.199) is an α-maltose 1-phosphate:(1→4)-α-d-glucan 4-α-d-maltosyltransferase of the CAZy glycoside hydrolase 13_3 family. It is the defining enzyme of a bacterial α-glucan biosynthetic pathway and is a genetically validated anti-tuberculosis target. It catalyzes the α-retaining transfer of maltosyl units from α-maltose 1-phosphate to maltooligosaccharides and is predicted to use a do ...
- PubMed Central: