Jump to Main Content
- Cuff, Nicholas, et al. Show all 19 Authors
- Ecology letters 2019 v.22 no.2 pp. 302-312
- Alloteropsis; C4 photosynthesis; grasses; leaves; phenotype
- ... C₄ photosynthesis is a complex trait that boosts productivity in warm environments. Paradoxically, it evolved independently in numerous plant lineages, despite requiring specialised leaf anatomy. The anatomical modifications underlying C₄ evolution have previously been evaluated through interspecific comparisons, which capture numerous changes besides those needed for C₄ functionality. Here, we qu ...
- Cuff, Nicholas J., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Austral ecology 2015 v.40 no.7 pp. 845-856
- basal area; carbon; carbon sinks; climate change; dry season; ecosystems; fire regime; fires; greenhouse gases; rain; savannas; soil types; stand structure; trees; wet season; Australia
- ... In this study, systematic variation in tree morphology across a rainfall gradient in Australia's tropical savanna biome and its implications for carbon stocks and dynamics were quantified. The aim was to support efforts to manage fire regimes to increase vegetative carbon stocks as a greenhouse gas mitigation strategy. The height of trees for a given trunk diameter declines with decreasing rainfal ...