Jump to Main Content
- Guo, Mingzhi, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of cleaner production 2019 v.233 pp. 421-428
- carbonation; cement; compression strength; concrete; drying; microstructure; porosity; shrinkage; water uptake
- ... The effects of carbonated coarse recycled concrete aggregate (RCA) on properties and microstructure of recycled aggregate concrete (RAC) were investigated in this study. The water absorption of 5–10 mm and 10–20 mm coarse RCA was reduced by 30% and 22%, and their corresponding apparent density increased by 4.8% and 3.2% after carbonation treatment. The compressive strength of the concrete with 50% ...
- Guo, Mingzhi, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of cleaner production 2019 v.214 pp. 298-307
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; carbon; chemical bonding; concrete; corrosion; electrochemistry; electrodes; ginger; liquid chromatography; mass spectrometry; phenolic compounds; steel
- ... In this study, we tried to employ the ginger extract as an environmentally friendly inhibitor to improve chloride-induced corrosion resistance of reinforcing steel in simulated concrete pore solutions. The inhibiting performances of ginger extract as well as three other inhibiting systems were studied by stereo-microscope and various electrochemical measures. The main phenolic compounds of ginger ...