Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: doran?
- Kam, Doron, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Langmuir 2018 v.34 no.13 pp. 3925-3933
- acid hydrolysis; cellulose; electrolytes; electrostatic interactions; gelation; gels; kraft pulp; liquids; nanocrystals; protons; screening; separation; softwood; sulfates; sulfuric acid; viscosity
- ... A series of four cellulose nanocrystal (CNC) suspensions were prepared from bleached softwood kraft pulp using different conditions of sulfuric acid hydrolysis. The CNCs were identical in size (95 nm in length × 5 nm in width) but had different surface charges corresponding to the harshness of the hydrolysis conditions. Consequently, it was possible to isolate the effects of surface charge on the ...
- Kam, Doron, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 2016 v.8 no.41 pp. 28086-28095
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; X-ray diffraction; cellulose; contact angle; crystal structure; epoxides; hydrophobicity; nanocomposites; nanocrystals; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; polymers; tensile strength; thermal stability; transmission electron microscopy
- ... This work presents an environmentally friendly, iodine-catalyzed chemical modification method to generate highly hydrophobic, optically active nanocrystalline cellulose (CNC). The high degree of ester substitution (DS = 2.18), hydrophobicity, crystalline behavior, and optical activity of the generated acetylated CNC (Ac-CNC) were quantified by TEM, FTIR, solid ¹³C NMR, contact angle, XRD, and POM ...