Jump to Main Content
- Lóio, Sara, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2019 v.650 pp. 2996-3006
- anthropogenic activities; business enterprises; data collection; death; geographic information systems; models; mortality; variance; wild birds; wildlife; wildlife rehabilitation; Portugal
- ... In this study we aim to obtain a holistic view over the consequences of human-induced threats to the wild bird populations in the study area, based on data collected from a Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre (WRC) through the method of Partial Least Squares-Path Modelling (PLS-PM). The study area comprised 76 rural and urban municipalities located in northern Portugal. Within PLS-PM the threats (“anth ...
- Lóio, Sara, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of wildlife diseases 2019 v.55 no.3 pp. 724-727
- Erinaceus europaeus; Staphylococcus lentus; adults; endometritis; endometrium; females; histopathology; hyperplasia; necropsy; pyometra
- ... A severely debilitated, free-living adult female European hedgehog (Erinaceus europaeus) was presented for rehabilitation. It died overnight, and postmortem examination revealed a closed pyometra. Histopathology confirmed metritis with endometrial hyperplasia, and Staphylococcus lentus was isolated from the purulent uterine material. Staphylococcus lentus has not been previously reported to cause ...