Jump to Main Content
- Öztekin, Rana, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of food science 2017 v.82 no.5 pp. 1278-1284
- histamine; coliform bacteria; risk; anchovies; bacterial contamination; microbial load; scombroid poisoning; spoilage; Lavandula; Melissa officinalis; lactic acid bacteria; microbiological quality; vacuum packaging; plate count; storage time; microbial growth; Engraulis encrasicolus; ethanol; poisoning
- ... Biogenic amine formation and bacterial growth of vacuum‐packed European anchovy treated with 1% lemon balm (LB) or lavender (LD) ethanol extracts was investigated. The treated samples were stored at 2 ± 1 °C for 11 d and analyzed for biogenic amines, total viable count, fecal coliform count, and lactic acid bacterial count. The analyses were done on 0, 4, 7, 9, and 11 d of storage. Both LB and LD ...
- Öztekin, Rana, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2017 v.84 pp. 529-535
- anchovies; shelf life; sensory evaluation; total volatile basic nitrogen; fatty acid composition; Melissa officinalis; polyunsaturated fatty acids; sensory properties; plant extracts; storage time; vacuum packaging; pH; Engraulis encrasicolus; fish fillets; Lavandula stoechas
- ... The impact of natural plant extracts on chemical parameters, fatty acid profile and sensory properties of vacuum packed anchovy was investigated refrigerated condition (2±1 °C). The anchovy fillets were separated into three groups; which were immersed in 1% French lavender (FL) or lemon balm (LB) extract and the control (C) without plant extract. Along with sensory analysis, the shelf-life of anch ...