Jump to Main Content
- Aamand, Gert Pedersen, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of dairy science 2019 v.102 no.9 pp. 8184-8196
- Holstein; animal models; breeding value; calving; conception rate; dairy cows; female fertility; genetic correlation; heifers; heritability; insemination; parity (reproduction); phenotype; sires; variance
- ... Genetic evaluation of female fertility in Danish, Finnish, and Swedish dairy cows was updated in 2015 to multiple-trait animal model evaluation, where heifer and cow fertility up to third parity are considered as separate traits. A model for conception rate was also developed, which required variance component estimation for Nordic Holstein and Nordic Red Dairy Cattle. We used a multiple-trait mul ...
- Aamand, Gert Pedersen, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of animal breeding and genetics 2018 v.135 no.5 pp. 337-348
- animal models; breeding value; bulls; calving; cows; dairy cattle; equations; female fertility; genetic correlation; genetic trend; genomics; genotype; heifers; heritability; insemination; parents; pedigree; phenotype; prediction; single nucleotide polymorphism; statistical models; variance; Denmark; Finland; Sweden
- ... Joint Nordic (Denmark, Finland, Sweden) genetic evaluation of female fertility is currently based on the multiple trait multilactation animal model (BLUP). Here, single step genomic model (ssGBLUP) was applied for the Nordic Red dairy cattle fertility evaluation. The 11 traits comprised of nonreturn rate and days from first to last insemination in heifers and first three parities, and days from ca ...