Jump to Main Content
- Abbott, Catherine M., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Biochemical and biophysical research communications 2011 v.411 no.1 pp. 19-24
- 3' untranslated regions; Xenopus; adulthood; binding sites; gene expression regulation; mice; microRNA; muscle protein; muscles; protein synthesis; rats; transcription (genetics); weaning
- ... Translation elongation isoform eEF1A1 has a pivotal role in protein synthesis and is almost ubiquitously expressed. In mice and rats that transcription of the gene encoding eEF1A1 is downregulated to undetectable levels in muscle after weaning; eEF1A1 is then replaced by a separately encoded but closely related isoform eEF1A2, which has only previously been described in mammals. We now show that n ...
- Abbott, Catherine M., et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2012 v.109 no.24 pp. 9587-9592
- Human immunodeficiency virus 1; RNA-directed DNA polymerase; T-lymphocytes; fractionation; gene expression regulation; humans; proteins; reverse transcription; small interfering RNA
- ... Cellular proteins have been implicated as important for HIV-1 reverse transcription, but whether any are reverse transcription complex (RTC) cofactors or affect reverse transcription indirectly is unclear. Here we used protein fractionation combined with an endogenous reverse transcription assay to identify cellular proteins that stimulated late steps of reverse transcription in vitro. We identifi ...
- PubMed Central: