Jump to Main Content
- Abdurahman, NourHamid, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of food measurement & characterization 2018 v.12 no.2 pp. 1107-1122
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Vernonia amygdalina; analysis of variance; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; bioactive compounds; ethanol; flavonoids; irradiation; leaves; microwave treatment; response surface methodology
- ... In this study, ethanolic microwave-assisted extraction of total phenolic content (TFC), total flavonoid content (TFC) and antioxidant from Vernonia amygdalina leaf was investigated using response surface methodology. Four extraction variables, including irradiation time (1‒5 min), microwave power level (500‒700 W), feed-to-solvent ratio (1:8‒1:12 g/ml), and ethanol concentration (60‒80%) were opti ...
- Abdurahman, NourHamid, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of food measurement & characterization 2018 v.12 no.1 pp. 311-316
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; Vernonia amygdalina; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; ethanol; leaves; moieties; solid phase extraction; solvents
- ... In this study, the effects of extraction solvents on the yield and total phenolic content of Vernonia amygdalina leaf were examined. The considered solvents were water, 20% v/v ethanol, 40% v/v ethanol, 60% v/v ethanol, 80% v/v ethanol, and 100% v/v ethanol using Soxhlet extraction technique. Highest extraction yield (19.45 ± 0.22% g/g) and total phenolic content (96.25 ± 2.52 mg GAE/g d.w.) were ...