Jump to Main Content
- Abreu Silveira, Erick, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Food chemistry 2019 v.271 pp. 433-439
- Salvia hispanica; Thermomyces lanuginosus; adsorption; biocatalysts; carboxylic ester hydrolases; catalytic activity; coatings; esters; ethanolysis; fatty acids; hydrophobicity; industrial applications; liquids; polyethylene; seed oils
- ... Enzymatic synthesis of fatty acid ethyl esters (FAEE) from chia (Salvia hispanica L.) oil has been performed with different modified derivatives and compared with commercial immobilized lipases to produce omega-3 rich FAEE. Therefore, the main objective was to synthesize omega-3 esters from chia oil catalysed by polyethylene glycol-modified lipases using a biocatalyst with higher stability than co ...
- Abreu Silveira, Erick, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Journal of biotechnology 2019 v.289 pp. 126-134
- Thermomyces lanuginosus; adsorption; biocatalysts; carboxylic ester hydrolases; chemical bonding; engineering; esters; ethanolysis; hexane; hydrophobicity; mass transfer; porous media; sunflower oil
- ... Different immobilized biocatalysts of Thermomyces lanuginosus lipase (TLL) exhibited different properties for the ethanolysis of high oleic sunflower oil in solvent-free systems. TLL immobilized by interfacial adsorption on octadecyl (C-18) supports lost its 1,3-regioselectivity and produced more than 99% of ethyl esters. This reaction was influenced by mass-transfer limitations. TLL adsorbed on m ...
- Abreu Silveira, Erick, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- BMC biotechnology 2017 v.17 no.1 pp. 88
- Thermomyces lanuginosus; adsorption; biocatalysis; biocatalysts; carboxylic ester hydrolases; cetyltrimethylammonium bromide; engineering; ethanolysis; glycerol; hydrophobicity; moieties; oleic acid; pH; regioselectivity; sunflower oil; surfactants; triolein
- ... BACKGROUND: Enzymatic ethanolysis of oils (for example, high oleic sunflower oil containing 90% of oleic acid) may yield two different reaction products depending on the regioselectivity of the immobilized lipase biocatalyst. Some lipase biocatalysts exhibit a 1,3-regioselectivity and they produced 2 mols of fatty acid ethyl ester plus 1 mol of sn2-monoacylglycerol (2-MAG) per mol of triglyceride ...
- PubMed Central: