Jump to Main Content
- Abtahi, Hamid, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Process biochemistry 2019 v.79 pp. 127-134
- Bacillus (bacteria); Proteus; Pseudomonas; Staphylococcus; aeration; bacteria; biodegradation; bioreactors; bioremediation; composting; half life; hydrocarbons; petroleum; sludge
- ... In this research, the impact of active and passive aeration on the performance of a new two-phase composting process for biodegradation of storage tank oily sludge (STOS) was evaluated. The hyphenated method consisted of primary-stage composting (PSC) including three windrow piles and secondary-stage composting (SSC) including four in-vessel bioreactors. Various turning and aeration rates were tes ...
- Abtahi, Hamid, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2017 v.235 pp. 240-249
- Bacillus (bacteria); Klebsiella; Proteus; Pseudomonas; Staphylococcus; bacteria; biodegradation; bioremediation; composting; mixing; nutrients; petroleum; sludge
- ... The effect of mixing ratio and nutrients addition on the efficiency of a two-stage composting system in removal of total petroleum hydrocarbons (TPH) from storage tank bottom sludge (STBS) was investigated. The system consisted of ten windrow piles as primary composting (PC) followed by four in-vessel reactors as secondary composting (SC). Various initial C/N/P and mixing ratios of STBS to immatur ...