Jump to Main Content
- Acar, Abuzer, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Tropical animal health and production 2019 v.51 no.4 pp. 753-758
- Bovine herpesvirus 1; antibodies; blood serum; cattle; disease reservoirs; farms; goats; infectious bovine rhinotracheitis; neutralization tests; seroprevalence; sheep; statistical analysis; virus transmission; viruses
- ... Bovine herpesvirus 1 (BoHV1) is the cause of economically significant viral infections in cattle. Respiratory symptoms associated with the infection are known as Infectious Bovine Rhinotracheitis (IBR). Sheep and goats are less sensitive to the infection although their role in inter-species viral transmission under field conditions is subject to controversy. The objective of this study was to inve ...
- Acar, Abuzer, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Veterinary dermatology 2007 v.18 no.1 pp. 18-22
- rabbits; rabbit diseases; Psoroptes cuniculi; psoroptic mange; Sarcoptes scabiei; scabies; drug therapy; selamectin; topical application; drug evaluation; in vivo studies; Angora (rabbit breed); New Zealand White; physiological response; signs and symptoms (animals and humans); disease course; dosage
- ... Selamectin, a novel avermectin compound, was evaluated for its efficacy against naturally occurring infestations of Psoroptes cuniculi and Sarcoptes scabiei. A total of 42 New Zealand rabbits with psoroptic mange and 37 Angora rabbits with sarcoptic mange were used in the present study. On day 0, infested rabbits were treated topically with either selamectin at minimum dose of 6 mg kg⁻¹ (6-18 mg k ...