Jump to Main Content
- Achenbach, John C., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of natural products 2019 v.82 no.7 pp. 1945-1952
- Danio rerio; Gonyaulax; biomass; hydroxylation; liquid chromatography; mass spectrometry; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; solvents; toxicity; yessotoxin
- ... Liquid chromatography–high-resolution mass spectrometry (LC-HRMS) analysis of a Namibian strain of Gonyaulax spinifera showed the presence of a number of yessotoxins (YTXs). Principal among these were YTX (1), homoYTX (2), and a tentative hydroxylated analogue that did not correspond to any previously confirmed YTX structures. Culturing the G. spinifera strain afforded sufficient biomass for purif ...
- Achenbach, John C., et al. Show all 2 Author
- European journal of biochemistry 2002 v.269 no.4 pp. 1219-1226
- Osmerus mordax; antifreeze proteins; calcium; crystals; dimerization; fish; fluorescence; freezing; ice; lectins; oligosaccharides; proteinases; ruthenium; seawater; sequence homology; temperature
- ... Antifreeze proteins (AFPs) are produced by several cold‐water fish species. They depress physiological freezing temperatures by inhibiting growth of ice crystals and, in so doing, permit the survival of these fish in seawater cooler than their normal freezing temperatures. The type II AFP from rainbow smelt (Osmerus mordax), which is a member of the C‐type lectin superfamily, was characterized in ...