Jump to Main Content
- Ademola, I. O., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Medical and veterinary entomology 2019 v.33 no.2 pp. 269-281
- Glossina; Hippopotamus; Stomoxys; Tabanus; Trypanosoma brucei; Trypanosoma congolense; Trypanosoma evansi; Trypanosoma simiae; Trypanosoma vivax; Trypanosomatida; blood meal; bovine trypanosomiasis; cattle; confidence interval; cytochrome b; farms; gazelles; hematophagous insects; hematophagy; hosts; humans; livestock and meat industry; mitochondrial DNA; mixed infection; rats; traps; vector control; Nigeria
- ... The interactions of host, vector and parasite in bovine trypanosomiasis transmission cycles in southwest Nigeria are not yet well understood. Trypanosoma (Trypanosomatida: Trypanosomatidae) species infection prevalences and bloodmeal sources were determined in transmitting vectors of the genera Glossina (Diptera: Glossinidae), Tabanus (Diptera: Tabanidae) and Stomoxys (Diptera: Muscidae) collected ...
- Ademola, I. O., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Parasitology research 2007 v.101 no.1 pp. 63-69
- Haemonchus; Oesophagostomum; Spigelia; Strongylidae; Strongyloides; Student's t-test; Trichostrongylus; Trichuris; analysis of variance; anthelmintics; confidence interval; eggs; gastrointestinal nematodes; herbal medicines; in vivo studies; larvae; larval development; lethal concentration 50; models; oral administration; sheep
- ... In vitro (larval development assay) and in vivo studies were conducted to determine possible direct anthelmintic effect of ethanolic and aqueous extracts of Spigelia anthelmia towards different ovine gastrointestinal nematodes. The effect of extracts on development and survival of infective larvae stage (L₃) was assessed. Best-fit LC₅₀ values were computed by global model of non-linear regression ...