Jump to Main Content
- Aegerter, B., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Acta horticulturae 2019 no.1233 pp. 83-88
- brix; cultivars; fruit yield; grafting (plants); greenhouses; growers; irrigation; planting; rootstocks; scions; seedlings; shoots; tomatoes; trays; California
- ... The benefit of grafting for California processing tomato production in the lower Sacramento Valley was evaluated in commercial tomato fields, one each year from 2016 to 2017. The investigation focused on fruit yield and quality from rootstocks grafted onto popular cultivars. Treatments included 3 rootstocks (Maxifort, Multifort and DRO 138TX) and 3 scions (‘H 8504’, ‘DRI 319’ and ‘HM 3887’) plus e ...
- Aegerter, B. J., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Acta horticulturae 2015 no.1081 pp. 153-158
- Leveillula taurica; chemical control; disease severity; field experimentation; fruit quality; fruit yield; fungicides; mildews; necrosis; powdery mildew; tomatoes; total soluble solids; California
- ... Powdery mildew (Leveillula taurica) became more severe on tomatoes in Californiaâs Central Valley during the 2007 through 2013 seasons. Eighteen uniform field trials evaluating chemical control programs were conducted over a four-year period to identify economical and effective control programs, but also to better understand the impact of powdery mildew on yield and fruit quality in processing t ...