Jump to Main Content
- Afkhami, Sam, et al. Show all 13 Authors
- Cell 2018 v.175 no.6 pp. 1634-1650.e17
- CD8-positive T-lymphocytes; bacterial infections; bone marrow; chemokines; glycolysis; immunologic memory; interferon-gamma; lungs; macrophages; major histocompatibility complex; monocytes; neutrophils
- ... Innate immune memory is an emerging area of research. However, innate immune memory at major mucosal sites remains poorly understood. Here, we show that respiratory viral infection induces long-lasting memory alveolar macrophages (AMs). Memory AMs are programed to express high MHC II, a defense-ready gene signature, and increased glycolytic metabolism, and produce, upon re-stimulation, neutrophil ...
- Afkhami, Sam, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Vaccine 2017 v.35 no.22 pp. 2916-2924
- Pan troglodytes; ambient temperature; cold; cold storage; cryopreservation; dextran; humans; humidity; immune response; mannitol; pathogenicity; powders; spray drying; thermal stability; tuberculosis; vaccination; vaccines
- ... Cold chain-free vaccine technologies are needed to ensure effective vaccine delivery and coverage, particularly in resource-poor countries. However, the immunogenicity and thermostability of spray dried live viral vector-based vaccines such as recombinant adenoviral-vectored vaccines remain to be investigated. To address this issue, we have spray dried human adenoviral (AdHu5)- and chimpanzee aden ...