Jump to Main Content
- Afriandi, Roki, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Forest ecology and management 2019 v.434 pp. 235-243
- bamboos; ecological restoration; microhabitats; planting; seedlings; shrubs; trees; tropical plants; tropical rain forests; Indonesia
- ... The restoration of the Southeast Asian tropical forests is a global priority but is limited by a lack of experience and knowledge regarding tree species performance in the various micro-habitat conditions that are prevalent after disturbance. Here we study the survival, growth, susceptibility to damage and capacity to resprout of 38 Sumatran lowland tropical tree species in a restoration planting ...
- Afriandi, Roki, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Forest ecology and management 2016 v.381 pp. 209-216
- El Nino; biodiversity; canopy; carbon sequestration; cost effectiveness; forest management; forest restoration; forest stands; long term effects; monitoring; natural regeneration; photography; pioneer species; planting; secondary forests; stand composition; stems; tropical forests; understory
- ... Demand for tropical forest restoration has grown rapidly as the potential role of recovering secondary forests in sequestering carbon and enhancing biodiversity has been recognised. Active forest management is often prescribed to accelerate natural regeneration, but evidence for the efficacy of interventions is scarce for tropical forests. In this study we examine the hypothesis that the selective ...