Jump to Main Content
- Afzal, Muhammad Rahil, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Archiv für Acker- und Pflanzenbau und Bodenkunde 2019 v.65 no.4 pp. 450-464
- ammonium nitrogen; corn; crop rotation; crops; dicyandiamide; nitrate nitrogen; nitrification; nitrification inhibitors; nitrogen; nitrogen fertilizers; nutrient use efficiency; pH; soil profiles; wheat; China
- ... Inhibition of nitrification as a mitigation tool to abate nitrogen (N) losses and improve N use efficiency (NUE) is a promising technology. Nitrification inhibitor (dicyandiamide, DCD) was evaluated in two consecutive wheat-maize rotations (2015–2017), with two different N fertilizer levels applied in wheat (160, 220 kg N ha⁻¹) and maize (180, 280 kg N ha⁻¹). More NH₄⁺-N contents (101% and 102% in ...
- Afzal, Muhammad Rahil, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Zeitschrift für Pflanzenernährung und Bodenkunde 2018 v.181 no.6 pp. 878-885
- H-transporting ATP synthase; Hordeum vulgare; Western blotting; ammonium; barley; crops; cytoplasm; enzyme activity; fusicoccin; genes; hydroponics; nitrates; nitrogen; nutrition; plasma membrane; protons; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; root tips; shoots; specific ion electrodes; transcription (genetics)
- ... Barley (Hordeum vulgare L.) is a typical ammonium (NH4+)‐sensitive crop species and exhibits a futile‐NH4+ efflux from root cells. Plasma membrane (PM) H⁺‐ATPase is responsible for pumping H⁺ out of plant cells and providing the driving force for the transport of various substances. We hypothesized that PM H⁺‐ATPase is involved in this NH4+ efflux process of barley roots. Barley plants were cultiv ...