Jump to Main Content
- Aglan, Heshmat A., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of elastomers & plastics 2016 v.48 no.1 pp. 80-93
- ambient temperature; butadienes; composite polymers; compression molding; corn starch; gel chromatography; gelatinization; heat; heat treatment; latex; light scattering; scanning electron microscopy; starch; styrene; surface area; tensile strength; thermoplastics; waxy corn
- ... Thermoplastic starch/latex polymer composites were prepared using styrene–butadiene latex and heat-treated cornstarch. The composites were prepared in a compression mold at 130°C, with 20% starch content. An amylose-free cornstarch, waxy maize, was used for this research, and the heat treatment range was from ambient temperature to 170°C. The heat-treated starch (HTS) was characterized by optical ...
- Aglan, Heshmat A., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Bioresource technology 2009 v.100 no.7 pp. 2219-2222
- sugarcane; sugarcane bagasse; cellulose; agricultural wastes; acylation; aqueous solutions; water pollution; petroleum
- ... Raw bagasse or sugar cane cellulosic residues were modified using acylation grafting with fatty acid. The capability of the grafted bagasse to absorb oil from aqueous solution was studied and compared with the raw bagasse. It was found that the grafted material was significantly more hydrophobic than the raw bagasse. This grafted bagasse had little affinity for water and good affinity for oil. It ...