Jump to Main Content
- Ahn, Bohye, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Bioresource technology reports 2019 v.6 pp. 237-240
- Clostridium autoethanogenum; acetic acid; acetogens; cell growth; culture media; ethanol; sodium sulfide; synthesis gas; trace elements; yeast extract
- ... The aim of this study was to optimize the culture medium to enhance the growth of Clostridium autoethanogenum, an acetogenic bacterium that converts synthesis gas to ethanol and acetic acid. In order to optimize the culture medium, four components, yeast extract, trace metal solution, vitamin solution, and Na2S·9H2O, were investigated. Yeast extract was found to have the biggest influence on growt ...
- Ahn, Bohye, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Biotechnology and bioprocess engineering 2017 v.22 no.2 pp. 136-141
- Chlorella vulgaris; biodiesel; fatty acid methyl esters; fuel production; lipids; mass transfer; microalgae; nanoparticles; silica
- ... Silica nanoparticles were synthesized and used to enhance the gas-liquid mass transfer rate in a CO₂/water system. Using silica (SiO₂) and methyl-functionalized silica (SiO₂-CH₃) nanoparticles, the volumetric mass transfer coefficient (kLa) increased by 31 and 145%, respectively. SiO₂ and SiO₂-CH₃ nanoparticles were applied in Chlorella vulgaris culture to enhance the growth of microalgae for lipi ...