Jump to Main Content
- Akil, Hussein, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of chromatography 2019 v.1113 pp. 60-68
- anion exchange; carboxylic acids; cell lines; eumelanin; high performance liquid chromatography; humans; melanocytes; melanoma; mice; pH; phosphates; pigmentation; solid phase extraction; standard deviation
- ... Determination of eumelanin and pheomelanin in melanomas that exhibit different pigmentation was carried using a solid-phase extraction (SPE) preparation method based on weak anion exchange chemistry. This extraction significantly enhanced the chromatographic profile obtained by reverse phase high performance liquid chromatography-diode array detection (RP-HPLC-DAD). The SPE method was developed us ...
- Akil, Hussein, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Analytical chemistry 2012 v.84 no.3 pp. 1549-1556
- colorectal neoplasms; drug therapy; fractionation; gene overexpression; metastasis; phenotype; stem cells
- ... Recently, cancer stem cells (CSCs) have been identified in many types of cancers, such as colorectal cancer (CRC). CSCs seem to be involved in initiation, growth, and tumor metastasis, as well as in radio- and chemotherapy failures. CSCs appears as new biological targets for cancer therapy, requiring the development of noninvasive cell sorting methods. In this study, we used sedimentation field fl ...