Jump to Main Content
- Akter, Marin, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2019 v.658 pp. 818-829
- expert opinion; experts; humans; risk; risk assessment; uncertainty
- ... The IPCC fifth assessment report envisions risk of climate-related impacts as an outcome of the interaction of climate-related hazards with the vulnerability and the exposure of human and natural systems. This approach relies heavily on human perception, via expert opinions. As experts decide appropriate placement of an indicator in any of the exposure, sensitivity or adaptive capacity domains, se ...
- Akter, Marin, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2018 v.643 pp. 1054-1064
- planning; pollution load; rivers; sediment yield; sediments; Bangladesh
- ... The physical sustainability of deltaic environments is very much dependent on the volume of water and sediment coming from upstream and the way these fluxes recirculate within the delta system. Based on several past studies, the combined mean annual sediment load of the Ganges-Brahmaputra-Meghna (GBM) systems has previously been estimated to vary from 1.0 to 2.4 BT/year which can be separated into ...