Jump to Main Content
- Al-Asous, Abdulmohsen I., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2019 v.107 pp. 208-213
- Bacillus (bacteria); Chryseobacterium; Gram-positive bacteria; Kocuria; Macrococcus; Micrococcus; Salinicoccus; Streptococcus; Vagococcus; Valamugil; bacterial communities; muscles; nucleotide sequences; phenotype; ribosomal DNA; spoilage
- ... A comparative analysis of different bacterial communities isolated from the muscles of salted wild bluespot mullet (Valamugil seheli) was performed by the phenotypic, biochemical and 16S rDNA gene sequences analysis. The bacterial composition of the salted mullet was dominated by consisting mainly of Gram-positive bacteria. The isolated bacterial species were Bacillus sp., Chryseobacterium sp., Ko ...
- Al‐Asous, Abdulmohsen I., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Journal of food safety 2017 v.37 no.1
- Escherichia; Valamugil; ambient temperature; cold storage; coliform bacteria; fish; histamine; lipids; pH; plate count; refrigerators; salted fish; salting; storage time; total volatile basic nitrogen; water activity
- ... Changes in the microbiological and physicochemical quality of salted wild mullet (Valamugil seheli) stored at ambient temperature (22 ± 1°C) and refrigerator (4 ± 1°C) for 180 days were investigated. The total mesophilic viable counts in salted fish stored at ambient temperature and at refrigerator ranged from 2.04 ± 0.08 to 4.15 ± 0.06 log cfu/g⁻¹ , and from 3.62 ± 0.39 to 4.52 ± 0.50 log cfu/g⁻¹ ...