Jump to Main Content
- Al-Juhaimi, FahadY., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Meat science 2020 v.162 pp. 108044
- Adansonia digitata; antimicrobial properties; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; bacteria; beef; chemical composition; lipids; oxidative stability; patties; phenolic compounds; seed extracts; sensory evaluation; sensory properties; shelf life; storage temperature
- ... The present study was conducted to evaluate the oxidative stability and the physicochemical, microbiological, and sensory properties of beef patties formulated with different concentrations (1%, 2%, and 3%) of baobab seed extract (BSE) during storage at 4 °C. The BSE contained a considerable number of phenolic compounds and exhibited antioxidant and antimicrobial activities (both on gram-positive ...
- Al-Juhaimi, FahadY., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of food science and technology 2018 v.55 no.5 pp. 1797-1805
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; anthocyanins; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; cold storage; ground chicken meat; leaf extracts; leaves; lipid content; microbial load; pH; protein content; sensory properties; shelf life; storage time; thiobarbituric acid-reactive substances
- ... This study aimed to evaluate the antioxidant activity of Argel leaf water extract (ALWE) and its effect at different concentrations (0, 5, 10, and 20 mg/100 mL) on the antioxidant, antimicrobial, physicochemical, and sensory attributes of chicken meatballs during cold storage. ALWE contained substantial quantities of total phenolic content (TPC), anthocyanin, and exhibited high DPPH scavenging act ...
- PubMed Central: