Jump to Main Content
- Alarie, Jean Pierre, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of chromatography 2017 v.1523 pp. 140-147
- absorbance; chromatography; detection limit; electric field; electric power; electrodes; gels; glucosamine; heat; viscosity
- ... The development and application of polyelectrolytic gel electrodes (PGEs) for a microfluidic photothermal absorbance detection system is described. The PGEs are used to measure changes in conductivity based on heat generation by analytes absorbing light and changing the solution viscosity. The PGEs are suitable for direct contact conductivity measurements since they do not degrade with exposure to ...
- PubMed Central:
- Alarie, Jean Pierre, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Analytical chemistry 2014 v.86 no.7 pp. 3493-3500
- ambient temperature; capillary electrophoresis; coatings; electrolytes; electroosmosis; glass; ionization; pH; peptides; plate count; proteins; serpentine; spectroscopy; vapors
- ... We describe a chemical vapor deposition (CVD) method for the surface modification of glass microfluidic devices designed to perform electrophoretic separations of cationic species. The microfluidic channel surfaces were modified using aminopropyl silane reagents. Coating homogeneity was inferred by precise measurement of the separation efficiency and electroosmotic mobility for multiple microfluid ...
- Alarie, Jean Pierre, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Electrophoresis 2011 v.32 no.22 pp. 3172-3179
- coatings; data collection; electric field; electrophoresis; polyamines
- ... A microfluidic device capable of rapidly analyzing cells in a highâthroughput manner using electrical cell lysis is further characterized. In the experiments performed, cell lysis events were studied using an electron multiplying charge coupled device camera with high frame rate (>100âfps) data collection. It was found that, with this microfluidic design, the path that a cell follows through t ...
- PubMed Central: