Jump to Main Content
- Alayafi, Aisha A., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Environmental and experimental botany 2019 v.159 pp. 55-65
- Azospirillum lipoferum; Cicer arietinum; adverse effects; ascorbate peroxidase; biomass production; carotenoids; chickpeas; chlorophyll; crops; electrolytes; flavonoids; gas exchange; genes; hydrogen peroxide; malondialdehyde; phenols; photosynthesis; rhizosphere bacteria; salinity; salt stress; salt tolerance; sodium chloride; soil; stress tolerance; superoxide dismutase
- ... High salinity restricts crop growth and yield. Plant growth-promoting soil rhizobacteria boost crops growth and ameliorate the adverse effects of salt stress through regulating several physiological, biochemical and molecular processes. This study investigated the effects of Azospirillum lipoferum FK1 strain on chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) growth and performance under saline conditions (0, 75 and ...
- Alayafi, Aisha A. M., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Botanical studies 2018 v.59 no.1 pp. 6
- Phaseolus vulgaris; adverse effects; antioxidants; aspirin; biomass; cold stress; enzyme activity; foliar spraying; gene expression; gene expression regulation; genes; photosynthesis; pigments; proline; seedlings; sugars; temperature
- ... BACKGROUND: High and low temperatures constitute the most damaging type of abiotic stress and limit the survival, and productivity of plants. The present study aimed to evaluate the role of exogenous applications of acetylsalicylic acid (ASA) in reducing the deleterious effects of cold stress. Phaseolus vulgaris L. seedlings were treated with foliar-sprayed ASA at concentrations of 0–3 mM and then ...
- PubMed Central:
- Alayafi, Aisha A., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Plant physiology and biochemistry 2018 v.132 pp. 375-384
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Bacillus firmus; Glycine max; adverse effects; antioxidant activity; betaine; biomass production; catalase; chlorophyll; environmental factors; enzyme activity; flavonoids; gas exchange; genes; hydrogen peroxide; inhibitory concentration 50; malondialdehyde; nutrient uptake; peroxidase; photosynthesis; plant growth; plant growth-promoting rhizobacteria; proline; root systems; salinity; salt stress; salt tolerance; sodium chloride; soil salinity; soybeans; stomatal conductance; superoxide dismutase
- ... Soil salinity is an adverse abiotic factor which reduces plant growth, yield and quality. Plant growth-promoting rhizobacteria (PGPR) have a great potential to enhance growth and alleviate saline stress effects without harming the environment via regulating physiological and molecular processes in plants. This study aimed at investigating Bacillus firmus SW5 effects on the performance of soybean ( ...