Jump to Main Content
- Alberdi-Cedeño, Jon, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Subtropical plant science 2017 v.62 pp. 197-204
- Helianthus annuus; amides; bioactive compounds; cooking fats and oils; corn oil; dipeptides; fraud; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; linseed; olives; pyridines; pyrrolidines; solid phase microextraction; soybeans
- ... Eleven edible oils, namely extra virgin olive, virgin olive, olive, sunflower, virgin soybean, refined soybean, virgin linseed and four corn oils were studied in order to analyze the occurrence in them of minor nitrogenated components. The study was carried out by using Solid Phase Microextraction (SPME) followed by Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry (GC/MS). Apart from fatty amides no other nit ...
- Alberdi-Cedeño, Jon, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Food chemistry 2017 v.221 pp. 1135-1144
- aldehydes; amides; cinnamic acid; cooking fats and oils; epoxides; fatty acids; furans; gas chromatography; hydrocarbons; ketones; mass spectrometry; molecular weight; monoacylglycerols; nutritive value; oxidative stability; pyrans; solid phase microextraction; solvents; sterols
- ... The possibilities offered by a new methodology to determine minor components in edible oils are described. This is based on immersion of a solid-phase microextraction fiber of PDMS/DVB into the oil matrix, followed by Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry. It enables characterization and differentiation of edible oils in a simple way, without either solvents or sample modification. This methodology ...