Jump to Main Content
- Albornoz, Víctor M., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Computers and electronics in agriculture 2019 v.161 pp. 194-201
- algorithms; computer software; models; precision agriculture; soil; temporal variation; vegetation
- ... This paper considers a management zone delineation problem in a precision agriculture framework that defines a partition of a field into rectangular and homogeneous management zones according to certain vegetation or soil indexes. Modeling the problem as a robust optimization model accounts for spatial and temporal variability of the index considered, representing this variability according to a f ...
- Albornoz, Victor M., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Livestock science 2012 v.143 no.2-3 pp. 162-171
- farms; farrowing; gilts; herds; issues and policy; models; piglets; planning; sows; supply chain
- ... This paper deals with tactical planning decisions for breeding farms producing piglets through a linear optimization model. A medium-term planning horizon based on weekly periods is considered. The proposed model maximizes the profit of the farm and takes into account sow herd dynamics, housing facilities, reproduction management, available stocks and a target quota of a weekly number of farrowing ...