Jump to Main Content
- Allott, Tim E. H., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Aquatic sciences 2016 v.78 no.3 pp. 477-489
- carbon; carbon dioxide; dissolved organic carbon; mixing; pH; particulate organic carbon; peat; peatlands; storms; streams; watersheds
- ... Fluvial systems are increasingly recognised as sites of carbon processing, particularly in peatlands, where high quantities of particulate organic carbon (POC) enter the stream network during storm events. However, the fate of this POC and potential transformations to dissolved and gaseous phases are poorly understood. Here, a series of mixing experiments are undertaken, using particulate organic ...
- Allott, Tim E. H., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Aquatic sciences 2016 v.78 no.3 pp. 491-504
- autumn; carbon; carbon cycle; estuaries; mixing; pH; particulate organic carbon; peatlands; rivers; seawater; surveys; watersheds; United Kingdom
- ... Few studies have quantified the role of in-stream processes on net dissolved and particulate organic carbon (DOC and POC, respectively) export from peatland catchments, and those that have offer conflicting evidence. In this study, we evaluated evidence for active organic matter processing under field conditions, via a coordinated campaign across four UK catchments with peatland headwaters, target ...