Jump to Main Content
- Allsup, David J., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of materials chemistry B 2019 v.7 no.22 pp. 3497-3504
- alternative medicine; chemistry; humans; mononuclear leukocytes; myeloid leukemia
- ... We report a large scale preparation of bioimprints of layers of cultured human leukemic HL60 cells which can perform cell shape and size recognition from a mixture with peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs). We demonstrate that the bioimprint-cell attraction combined with surface modification and flow rate control allows depletion of the HL60 cells from peripheral blood which can be used for ...
- Allsup, David J., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Chemical Society reviews 2017 v.46 no.16 pp. 5110-5127
- adverse effects; biosensors; detection limit; drug carriers; drug therapy; drugs; image analysis; mammals; mortality; neoplasm cells; neoplasms; patients; polymers; polypeptides
- ... Cancer incidence and mortality have both increased in the last decade and are predicted to continue to rise. Diagnosis and treatment of cancers are often hampered by the inability to specifically target neoplastic cells. Bioimprinting is a promising new approach to overcome shortfalls in cancer targeting. Highly specific recognition cavities can be made into polymer matrices to mimic lock-and-key ...