Jump to Main Content
- Almaraz-Buendía, I., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- European food research & technology 2017 v.243 no.4 pp. 619-626
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; antioxidant activity; color; crystallization; flavonoids; heat treatment; honey; hydroxymethylfurfural; phenolic acids; ultrasonic treatment
- ... The objective of this study was to explore the effects of liquefying honey by ultrasound in five honeys with different botanical source. The ultrasound treatments were at a frequency of 42 kHz for 5, 10 and 15 min. The effects on crystal size, 5-hydroxymethylfurfural (HMF), colour, phenolic acids, flavonoids and antioxidant activity 2,2′-azino-bis(3-ethylbenzothiazoline-6-sulphonic acid) (ABTS) an ...
- Almaraz‐Buendía, I., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of food process engineering 2017 v.40 no.2
- Opuntia; Salmonella Typhimurium; Staphylococcus aureus; antibacterial properties; antibiotics; bacteria; cactus pears; equations; flavonoids; food additives; food industry; methanol; models; phenols; prediction; ultrasonic treatment; North America; South America
- ... Three experimental variables [methanol concentration, extraction time, and material‐to‐solvent ratio (w/v)] were optimized in the ultrasonic‐assisted, Box‐Behnken extraction of biocompounds (total phenols and flavonoids) from xoconostle (Opuntia oligacantha) to determine the antibacterial activity against Salmonella typhimurium and Staphylococcus aureus. The total phenols and inhibitory effect on ...