Jump to Main Content
- Alsahli, Abdulaziz A., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Plant physiology and biochemistry 2018 v.132 pp. 375-384
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Bacillus firmus; Glycine max; adverse effects; antioxidant activity; betaine; biomass production; catalase; chlorophyll; environmental factors; enzyme activity; flavonoids; gas exchange; genes; hydrogen peroxide; inhibitory concentration 50; malondialdehyde; nutrient uptake; peroxidase; photosynthesis; plant growth; plant growth-promoting rhizobacteria; proline; root systems; salinity; salt stress; salt tolerance; sodium chloride; soil salinity; soybeans; stomatal conductance; superoxide dismutase
- ... Soil salinity is an adverse abiotic factor which reduces plant growth, yield and quality. Plant growth-promoting rhizobacteria (PGPR) have a great potential to enhance growth and alleviate saline stress effects without harming the environment via regulating physiological and molecular processes in plants. This study aimed at investigating Bacillus firmus SW5 effects on the performance of soybean ( ...
- Alsahli, Abdulaziz A., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Journal of plant interactions 2018 v.13 no.1 pp. 409-419
- ascorbic acid; calcium; catalase; chlorophyll; crops; cysteine; enzyme activity; glutathione-disulfide reductase; heavy metals; hydrogen peroxide; lead; magnesium; malondialdehyde; nitrogen; nutrients; phosphorus; photosynthesis; potassium; ribulose-bisphosphate carboxylase; seedlings; sulfate adenylyltransferase; sulfur; superoxide dismutase; thiols; toxicity; water content; wheat
- ... Among the heavy metals (HMs), lead (Pb) is considered as a toxic HM which adversely affects growth and development of crop plants. The present experiment was aimed to investigate the potential role of ascorbic acid (ASC) in the reversal of Pb-inhibited nitrogen and sulfur assimilation enzymes activity and activity of photosynthesis enzyme ribulose-1,5-bisphosphate carboxylase/oxygenase (Rubisco) a ...