Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: aluru?
- Aluri, Srinivas, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Vaccine 2018 v.36 no.50 pp. 7715-7727
- Neisseria meningitidis; Salmonella Typhimurium; animal models; antibodies; blood serum; carbon metabolism; cytokines; enzymes; genes; humans; live vaccines; morbidity; mortality; neonates; pathogens; pregnancy; subunit vaccines; typhoid fever; vaccination; virulence; young adults
- ... Live attenuated vaccines are superior to the killed or subunit vaccines. We designed a Salmonella Typhimurium strain by deleting folD gene (encoding methylenetetrahydrofolate dehydrogenase-cyclohydrolase) in the presence of a heterologous fhs gene (encoding formyltetrahydrofolate synthetase) and tested its vaccine potential under stringent conditions of lethal and sub-lethal challenges with virule ...
- Aluri, Srinivas, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of bacteriology 2015 v.197 no.4 pp. 717-726
- Clostridium perfringens; Escherichia coli; NADP (coenzyme); aerobiosis; bacteria; bacteriology; biochemical pathways; biosynthesis; chromosomes; engineering; genes; hypersensitivity; models; plasmids; purine nucleotides; purines; transfer RNA; trimethoprim
- ... In cells, N ¹⁰-formyltetrahydrofolate (N ¹⁰-fTHF) is required for formylation of eubacterial/organellar initiator tRNA and purine nucleotide biosynthesis. Biosynthesis of N ¹⁰-fTHF is catalyzed by 5,10-methylene-tetrahydrofolate dehydrogenase/cyclohydrolase (FolD) and/or 10-formyltetrahydrofolate synthetase (Fhs). All eubacteria possess FolD, but some possess both FolD and Fhs. However, the reason ...
- PubMed Central: