Jump to Main Content
- Amador-Rodríguez, Karla Yuritzi, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Food chemistry 2019 v.283 pp. 481-488
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; calcium hydroxide; carbohydrates; corn; corn flour; crystal structure; energy conservation; enthalpy; gelatinization; lipids; milling; nixtamalization; proteins; texture; viscosity; water content
- ... High-energy milling (HEM) was used to produce nixtamalized corn flours, the traditional nixtamalization process was used as a control. Four creole grains were stone-milled, adjusted to an appropriate moisture content and calcium hydroxide concentration and milled using HEM. The physicochemical, thermal, and rheological characteristics of the flours and corn masas were affected by the HEM process. ...
- Amador-Rodríguez, Karla Yuritzi, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Food chemistry 2019 v.278 pp. 601-608
- Ustilago zeae; adhesion; cohesion; color; corn; flour; industrialization; masa; nixtamalization; viscosity; water uptake
- ... The aim of this work was to evaluate the effect of the addition of huitlacoche paste to nixtamalized blue-corn flours (NBCF) on the physicochemical, thermal, and rheological properties of masas. Raw blue maize was nixtamalized (hydrothermal alkalinized process), then was wet-milled in a stone mill, masa was dehydrated, pulverized and sieved to obtain NBCF; commercial nixtamalized blue-corn flour ( ...